Monday, January 5, 2009

Looking for Suggestions...

Penn Quarter has been very hospitable to our events and we are very grateful. However, I do understand that for many of us, getting to downtown D.C. can be a challenge. I live 72 miles north of the Beltway in Forest Hill, Maryland, so I allot myself 2 hours to get down there and 2 hours to get back. With long work weeks, and a 3 year old and a 1 year old at home competing for my attention, spending 7 hours away from the house on a weekend to watch a two hour game, does not always make me the most popular person at home. So for those of you who have not been able to make it to the watch parties…I definitely understand.

Therefore, I am soliciting feedback for other locations and events, North and South of the Beltway to host SIU events. My vote for instance, would be the Columbia area since it is located halfway between D.C. and Baltimore. I would also be willing to host an event North of Baltimore in Bel Air, Maryland or South of D.C. in Virginia.

I just need to hear back from you to so I have a better understanding of:

1. How far you are willing to drive to an Alumni Event
2. Type of locations you prefer (Pub, Restaurant, Hotel Ball Room, Home)
3. Type of event you prefer (SIU Watch Parties, Social Events with Key Speakers, Formal Dinner, Theatrical Events, Tours, Block of Seats Reserved at Professional Sporting Events, Etc.)
4. Expectations of a Baltimore/Washington SIU Alumni Club/Chapter

Thanks and best wishes for 2009,
Ryan K. Roseberry
SIU Alumni Club Representative
ryanroseberry@aol.com

No comments: